Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Manhattan Site Research & Analysis

The site I have chosen for my Center Of Human Development is located at the south street seaport. I chose this Manhattan site over the Brooklyn site for the development of my center because I wanted to bring life and energy to a very old and iconic neighborhood. I also feel that people are always striving to improve in some area of their life and that by creating a Center For Human Development, it would serve as a one stop place to work on oneself. I will give this project its own identity in the coming weeks, the program I have chosen so far is just to start off. I am aware that there are other functional spaces that I have to include in the program as well as improving connections between spaces and I will do so.

Thank you all for your constructive feedback, it is highly appreciated.


The link below has all the information that me and my team has gathered for this site:

 https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62671265/Manhattan%20Site%20Research%20%26%20Analysis.pdf

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ori:

    It would be useful to have a bit of 3 dimensional massing for the site analysis. This will allow you to see how you envisage the massing of you proposal. For those who don't know well the site will also be useful. There is limited information in the site analysis.

    Also the site is very elongated and narrow, so if u do a site model you will see how difficult will be to achieve public space on the Peck Slip sides. So, think how are you going to achieve to fit some public space. Is it going to be all at both ends of the site? Is the building going to have public space in it? Are you going to change some of the adjacent traffic routes to enable public space off site?

    And what about the New South Street Seaport proposal? Is your proposal going to link with that proposal, in urban terms, or is it going to disengage or react against that proposal?

    Also, how are you going to relate with the sea side? I see a very busy road between your site and the water.

    Your answers will inform and guide your future proposal.

    Hope this helps.

    Kind regards,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ori, your analysis is great! I am impressed especially by the page 7.

      Delete